The Scholarship Fund has been established to encourage young people of this church to further their educations at Christian institutes of higher learning. Alliance Bible Church is quite specific about what is meant by “Christian”. Please be advised that the college must be an institution whose values are in alignment with the statement of faith of Alliance Bible Church. If you should have any questions about whether your college of choice meets the eligibility requirements of this church, please contact one of the pastors. You may be asked to supply a brochure from the college that would include its doctrinal statement.
In addition, we wish to explain that this fund is entirely supported through gift giving and is not a part of the Alliance Bible Church budget. The committee members read the applications and rank them according to the criteria mentioned in the following paragraph.
The Scholarship Committee wishes to emphasize that need will not play a part in the Committee’s decision. These awards are for scholarship, not aid. Some of the criteria that will play a role in the Committee’s decision includes but is not limited to service, achievement, course of study, faith in Christ, completeness and quality of the application, etc. Please note that there are two applications included in this packet of materials—one for graduating high school students and one for continuing undergraduate college students. Complete only the one that applies to you.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will be asked to write a note of appreciation to the congregation. Also, to ensure the future success of the Scholarship Fund, we would hope that you would be willing to share your experiences with some group in the church, possibly by talking to the youth about the benefits of attending a Christian college.
The Scholarship Committee is pleased that you are now attending or will attend a Christian college, and looks forward to receiving your application materials. Be advised that the deadline for receiving the applications at the church is the second Saturday in May. Because of the review process and the announcement date, which will begin in mid-May, no exceptions will be made for late applications.
The Scholarship Committee
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR UNDERGRADUATE ATTENDEES OF
CHRISTIAN INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING
WHEREAS, the Alliance Bible Church desires to encourage and to enable students from within the church to pursue an education at Christian institutions of higher learning, the church hereby establishes a scholarship program. The guidelines for the program will be as follows:
1. Funding for the program shall be from special giving.
2. Contributions to the scholarship should not be made to an individual student, but to the fund in general.
3. Applicants shall be regular attenders of Sunday worship at Alliance Bible Church. If presently in college, applicants shall regularly attend another evangelical church while away.
4. The financial situation of the parents is not a criterion when awarding scholarships from this fund.
5 Scholarships are available to full-time undergraduate students in any year within their schooling program.
6. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
a. Maintain at least a 2.0 (C) grade point average.
b. Be involved in church service activities.
a. Write a statement of faith in Christ, describing what He is doing in their lives, and why they are going to college.
b. Be able to supply one reference letter written by an adult from the church and or ministry that they serve in.
e. Be under 25 years of age.
f. Complete and submit the application by the second Saturday in May.
7. The Board of Elders shall appoint a Scholarship Committee from within the membership to make decisions regarding recipients and amounts awarded.
8. The maximum amount that any one student may be awarded in any given year is $1,000.00.
9. Recipients will write a letter to the congregation acknowledging having received a scholarship.
10. Applications will be available by February 20, and will need to be completed and returned no later than the second Saturday in May.
11. The Scholarship Committee shall meet in May to award scholarships for the upcoming school year.